Bed Bug Prevention
Some tips for Travelers:
There are over 40 million people estimated to be driving, flying or riding the rails for Thanksgiving and to celebrate the start of the holiday season this year. Hotels and mass transit are common transmission points for bed bugs. Janus Pest Management would like share some simple tip suggestions that you can implement to prevent bringing to your home, the most unwanted holiday present of all—bedbugs!
• At hotels, pull back the sheets and inspect the mattress seams, particularly at the corners, for telltale stains and spots. If you see anything suspect, notify management and change your room/establishment immediately.
• Thoroughly inspect the entire room before unpacking, including behind the headboard and in sofas/chairs. If any pests are spotted, change room/establishment immediately.
• If you do need to change rooms, be sure that you do not move to a room adjacent and/or directly above/below the suspected infestation. Bed bugs can easily hitchhike via housekeeping carts, luggage and even through wall sockets. If an infestation is spreading, it typically does so in the rooms closest to the point of origin.
• Consider placing your suitcase in a plastic trash bag or protective cover during the duration of your trip to make certain that bed bugs cannot take up residence there before departure.
• Don’t leave your suitcase on the floor or chairs.
• Don’t leave your shoes on the floor. Keep them inside your luggage liners when not in use.
• Remember: bed bugs travel by hitching rides. After your trip, inspect your suitcases before bringing them into the house. Vacuum your suitcase thoroughly before storing them away. Consider using a garment hand steamer to steam your luggage, which will kill any bed bugs or eggs that may have hitched a ride home; or launder with high heat. Be careful not to ruin sensitive garments—check the label first!
• If you find bed bugs on your suitcase or clothes, consider placing them in a sealed plastic trash bag them throwing them away immediately. That’s right! It’s far less expensive in most cased to buy yourself a new suitcase and outfit, than it is to pay for a bed bug extermination.
Bed bug inspections
NOW—More bang for the bug!
Janus Pest Management has reduced our bed bug inspection fee by 20% and waiving it completely, when we do the work! What’s more, we are giving away FREE, a set of ClimbUp Interceptor traps ($20.00-VALUE) with all bed bug inspections or initial bed bug treatments.
Get the Janus Advantage–Order a no-obligation inspection or service appointment today.
Few bring it to bed bugs like Janus does.
Janus Pest Management, Inc.
© 2013 Janus Pest Management, Inc.