Fall is a favorite season for many, as it signals the beginning of colorful leaves and crisp weather. But for many pests, including rodents, spiders and stinkbugs, the change in season drives pests indoors to seek refuge from the cold winter weather ahead. For this reason, it is important for homeowners to be proactive and vigilant in preventing pests from coming indoors. Homeowners may want to consider to pest-proofing vents, doors and windows to keep them from making their new home in yours.
Eight simple pest-proofing tips that every homeowner can follow to keep pests outside during the fall and winter:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens. Check the basement door while you are at it.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes and cables enter the home. The AC condenser line leading into the house is a common entry point for rodents.
- Dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- 5.Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows. These are easy ways to keep not only pests, but also cold air out of the house.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house; keep shrubbery well-trimmed.
- If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact Janus Pest Management to inspect, identify and treat the problem.
These pest-proofing measures will also serve to suppress pest incursions yearlong.
Get the Janus Advantage–Order a no-obligation inspection or service appointment today.
Few “bring it to bugs” like Janus does.
Janus Pest Management, Inc.
- Phone: 888-526-8744
- Fax: 626-917-4770
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: http://januspest.com
- Janus Pest Management on Facebook
- Janus Pest Management on Google+
- Janus Pest Management on Twitter
© 2013 Janus Pest Management, Inc.